I whipped up these tacos on a whim one day to boost a little extra flavor into our grilled chicken tacos. The marinade is easy to put together and best yet I usually have all the ingredients on hand. The flavor isn’t overwhelming, but chicken always tastes better marinated in citrus I think.
Tacos make both the husband and I happy. Grilled tacos make me especially happy because I don’t have to cook!
Now as I sit here after dinner writing this post I’m hungry all over again. Guess what, I’m craving tacos.
- 2 large chicken breasts, split into 2 cutlets
- 1½ oz tequila
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 6″ whole wheat soft taco shells
- taco toppings: cheese, lettuce, salsa, sour cream
- Put chicken peices in a large plastic bag. Add tequila, olive oil, cilantro, and lime juice. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes up to an hour.
- Remove chicken from bag, shake off excess marinade and grill 3-4 minutes per side.
- Allow to cool slightly and cut into thin strips. Assemble tacos to your liking.