Is anyone else still trying to come to terms with the fact that it is already March? Could anyone please tell me where January and February went? They must have whizzed by so fast I didn’t even notice them.
As I was looking through my to post folder on my computer I noticed this one that I teased about on Instagram back in early January. I’m really making you wait for it….
But because I don’t want you to lose anymore sleep over this darn recipe. Here it is! This was a super simple 30 minute curry dish. Filled with tons of healthy ingredients. On the side I served whole grain quinoa and Trader Joe’s frozen garlic naan.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece of ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (or cooked equivalent)
- 26-28oz boxed/canned chopped tomatoes (we try to avoid cans, you can easily find boxed or glass jarred tomatoes)
- pinch of sugar
- 5oz fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and cook 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant, about 1 minutes. Add spices, stir to coat, and cook 1 minute.
- Add chick peas, tomatoes, and sugar and stir well. Cover the pan and let simmer on medium for 15 minutes.
- Add spinach in batches until it is all wilted and combined. Salt and pepper to taste.