Like I said yesterday I just love appetizers and I guarantee if there is a spinach dip on the table I will not leave. I will hover around that dip until it is gone. This spinach and red pepper dip is a little change up from the traditional spinach artichoke dip that is constantly seen at parties. It’s easy to put together and the best part, only dirties one dish. With perfect colors for Christmas this dip would be delicious for your Christmas Day table.
Serve this dip warm with chunks of bread or pita chips. The red pepper does add a little heat, so be warned. But if you can handle the heat you may have a hard time prying yourself away from the bowl.
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1 – 8oz package cream cheese (RF is fine)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely diced red pepper
- Bring water to a boil in small sauce pan, add red pepper and spinach, return to boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to cook 10 minutes. Drain in a colander, use a spoon to press out extra water.
- In the same sauce pan combine cream cheese and milk, stirring often until melted. Add spinach and red pepper, parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and allow to heat through.
- Garnish dip with the finely diced red pepper after putting in serving dish.
Adapted from All Recipes