This week I decided to throw in one extra recipe. You should have all the ingredients already, so why not include a quick and easy meal. You won’t find this on the shopping list, but at most you might need larger flour tortillas. (You should buy these any way, quesadillas are quick and easy weekend lunches!) This quesadilla makes a great lunch or light dinner. We had these for dinner after stuffing ourselves way past full with a huge Easter brunch. I think the key to creamy quesadillas must be cream cheese. From now on all of my quesadillas will involve cream cheese.
Spinach and Bacon Quesadillas
Adapted from A Few Short Cuts
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Handful of fresh spinach
1. In a bowl combine softened cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
2. Microwave the spinach with a splash of water to wilt, about 30-45 seconds.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat and spray with non stick cooking spray.
4. Assemble the quesadillas spread cheese mixture on one half, top with crumbled bacon, spinach, and a little sprinkle of extra mozzarella. Fold the tortilla in half.
5. Cook about 3 minutes on each side, checking to make sure they don’t burn.
6. Serve with dipping sauce (we used Jalapeno Ranch dressing, yum!)