If you couldn’t tell yet we are big Florida Gator fans in this house. Football season starting last week was the highlight of our year. Although the Gators looked a little rough at times we are hoping for a decent season.
We live a few hours outside of Gainesville so we don’t usually go to all the games, but try to make it to a few games a year. We especially like to go to SEC or National Championship games.
For the games we stay at home we invite a few people over and nibble on snacks. I’m more of a snacking girl when it comes to tailgating or game watching. I like to make a bunch of finger foods and try a little of them all.
I originally saw these little rolls over at Cake & Allie, tweaked the recipe some and decided not to make them mini. It’s much easier to make these a little bit larger, less work and less time.
These spring rolls are easy to make ahead of time. You could even roll up a whole bunch and freeze them. But the best part, they are baked, dare I call them healthy? Sure pretty healthy until you dunk them in ranch dressing, because that’s what you need to do with these. For help rolling a spring roll see this video, or just do as I do and roll, tuck, and pray they stay together.
Remember those fried jalapeno bites from Friday? They are good friends with these spring rolls. They both enjoy bathing in ranch dressing and taste delicious together.
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ jalapeno, seeded and diced
- ½ cup chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- Cooking spray
- Small bowl of water
- Ranch dressing, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix together corn, black beans, jalapeno, spinach, cheese, green onion, cumin, chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Spoon about 1 – 1 ½ tbsps mixture onto the center of the spring roll wrapper. For instructions to roll see above, or just do whatever works for you. To seal dab the edge with a small amount of water.
- Place seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat until all filling is used up. Spray the tops spring rolls with cooking spray and bake 15 minutes, turning once.
Need more tailgate ideas? Check out this lineup:
Pre Game Warm-ups:
- Sausage Balls by My Catholic Kitchen
- Edamame Hummus by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Rueben Dip by The Meltaways
- Buffalo Wing Hummus by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Smokey Guacamole with Bacon by Family Spice
- Pepperoni & Mozzarella Pull Apart by In the Kitchen with KP
- Boneless Honey BBQ Chicken Wings by Juanita’s Cocina
- Candied Pecans by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Crispy Coconut Chicken Strips with Sweet Chili Sauce by Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Swabian Mini Meatballs (Schwaebische Mini Fleischkuechle) by Galactosemia in PDX
- Joe Montana’s Touchdown Guacamole by Noshing with the Nolands
- Cheddar Cheese Jalapeno Bites by Mama.Mommy.Mom.
- Hot & Spicy Popcorn Chicken by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites by Family Foodie
- Soft Pretzels with Spicy Beer Cheese Sauce by girlichef
- Game Day Loaded Nachos by The Messy Baker
- Buffalo Chicken Dip by Home Cooking Memories
- Southwestern Spring Rolls by Supper for a Steal
- Pepperoni Pizza Puffs by Comfy Cuisine
- Roasted Garlic Bacon Dip with Easy Homemade Tortilla Chips by Daily Dish Recipes
- Beer Battered Spiced Sweet Potato Lentil Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Indian Spiced Chicken Meatballs by Soni’s Food for Thought
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers by Real Best Recipe
On the Sidelines:
- Anne’s Best Potato Salad with Bacon and Peas by Webicurean
- Simple Roasted Purple Potatoes by Ruffles and Truffles
- Spicy BBQ Baked Beans by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Papa’s Potato Salad & Baked Beans by Kwistin’s Favorites
- Gluten Free Breakfast Sandwich by Cooking Underwriter
- Pollo Adobado con Papas (Adobo Chicken with Potatoes) by La Cocina de Leslie
- Poor Man’s Burrito by Shockingly Delicious
- Ham and Mushroom Handpies by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Individual Muffuletta Sandwiches by Magnolia Days
- Far East Steak Salad by Diabetic Foodie
- Italian Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Hot Chicken Chili by Momma’s Meals
- Louisiana Sloppy Joes by Sustainable Dad
- Hawaiian Chicken Wraps by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grandpa Sal’s Sausage and Peppers by Daddy Knows Less
- Fancy Filet Chili by I Run for Wine
- Homemade Italian Sausage by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Jalapeno Crockpot Chili by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Flavorful Fall Marinade by Midlife Road Trip
- Moose Chili by Mrs. Mama Hen
- Peanut Butter-Stuffed Chocolate Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Streusel Topped Pumpkin Bread by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Zucchini Cupcakes by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Oven-Baked Churros by Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Swirl Nutella Cupcakes by Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter and Pretzel Truffles by Gotta Get Baked
From the Cooler:
- Sparkling Tropical Lemonade by Dinners. Dishes, and Desserts
- Strawberry Horchata by Damn Delicious
- MVP Bloody Mary Bar by An Appealing Plan
Wine Pairings by Wine Everyday
Don’t forget to join us on twitter at 7pm ET to talk all things tailgate. Use tweetchat to follow along with #SundaySupper.
We’d also love to feature your tailgating recipes on our #SundaySupper Pinterest board and share your menu with all of our followers!