I eat a salad almost everyday for lunch. I love topping it was lots of fun ingredients, so when I saw Sara’s recipe for a Chopped Salad I knew I had to try it. The ingredients are a lot of flavors from a Greek salad, which I love, but so much healthier.
Earlier this week I had shopping plans with a friend and while I do love to have casual bistro lunches out, I already had the ingredients to make this salad. I invited her over before our shopping extravaganza and we sat down to enjoy this delicious salad. I made 1/3 of the recipe and it was simple to throw together for a lunch for two. We really enjoyed the flavors and couldn’t stop snacking on the pita croutons.
I’m thrilled to see Sara headlining at the Food and Wine Conference. She is such an inspiration to everyone in the food world. She will even be sitting down with a select few for a roundtable! How amazing would it be to hang out with Sara for an hour?
The Food and Wine Conference is truly going to be amazing with so many other talented people also. Plus the sponsors! Have you see all the great sponsors? There is going to be some seriously awesome swag!
There is so much to gain for joining us at the conference. Register today to be sure you don’t miss out.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + 2 additional tablespoons
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 pita bread
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 cups spring mix
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅓ cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- ½ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the cumin and paprika. Split pita in half to form two rounds, brush the rough edges with the olive oil mixture. Bake until golden about 4-5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt when still hot just out of the oven.
- Whisk together vinegar, mustard, a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Slowly pour in the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and whisk until it forms a smooth dressing.
- Divide all the remaining ingredients among two bowls, crush the pita chips and top each salad. Drizzle with dressing.
You can find Sara’s original recipe here. The changes I made were to make only two servings and leave off the pickles.
Breakfast for Dinner:
- Open-faced Zucchini Omelet with Red Bell Pepper and Feta by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Chocolate French Toast with Fresh Strawberry Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Polenta Lasagne by Blueberries and Blessings
- Spicy Korean Cheesesteak by Kimchi MOM
- Chorizo Mushroom Bites by La Cocina de Leslie
- Roasted Ratatouille Crêpes with Goat Cheese by Healthy.Delicious.
- Grilled Chicken and Veggie Pizza by Runner’s Tales
- Clay Pot Vegetable Stew by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Reuben Pizza by Juanita’s Cocina
- Vegetarian Greek Stuffed Zucchini by The Messy Baker Blog
- Manchego, Fig and Bacon Flatbreads by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Kimchi Fried Rice by girlichef
- Gluten Free Mozzarella Pesto Pizza by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Peppery Broccoli with Feta Cheese and Angel Hair Pasta by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chicken Artichoke Piccata by Sustainable Dad
- Reuben Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Deli Style Turkey Reuben Pizza by In The Kitchen with KP
- Grilled Mahi Mahi with Garlic Caper Sauce by Family Foodie
Spectacular Sides and Salads:
- Curried Peas and Black Beans by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chopped Salad with Feta, Chickpeas, and Pita Croutons by Supper for a Steal
- A Summer Salad from Paris by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Caprese Salad with Avocado by Ruffles & Truffles
Don’t Skip Desserts and Drinks:
- Three-Ingredient Pluot Crisp by Shockingly Delicious
- Stuffed Strawberry Dessert by Growing Up Gabel
- Vegan Chocolate Peanut-Butter No Bake Cookies by Killer Bunnies
- Warm Chocolate Cheesecake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkish Pistachio and Apricot Bread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade by The Urban Mrs.
- Blueberry Crepes by Basic N Delicious
- Nectarine Upside-Down Cake by Magnolia Days
- Cannoli Strawberries by Foxes Love Lemons
- Gluten-Free Carrot Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Watermelon Basil Lemonade by Curious Cuisiniere
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.