This definitely wins as the best homemade pasta sauce I have ever made. You can’t buy anything like it, that I know of. The flavors of the red peppers, cream, and parmesan cheese, delicious! I like to use jarred peppers to cut down on the prep time, but if you prefer to use fresh peppers and roast them yourself, feel free.
Roasted Red Pepper Sauce with Ravioli
Adapted from Your Homebased Mom
- 3 jarred roasted red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil or 2 tbsp dried basil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ cup half and half
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Ravioli for 4
1. Cut the peppers into small pieces. In a frying pan saute garlic, basil, red peppers and onion in olive oil. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. Whisk together corn starch and half and half. Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil.
3. Place pepper mixture into blender. Leaving the lid slightly askew blend until you reach desired consistency.
4. Put pepper mixture back in frying pan and heat to a boil. Add in half and half and cheese. Cook until cheese melts. Stir in butter.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes and stir in basil. While sauce is simmering follow directions on package and cook ravioli in the pot of water.
Quick Fix Side – Sautéed Green Beans
Sauté in large skillet with 1.5 tbsp olive oil, 2 cloves of minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Check for doneness continue cooking if needed for 2-3 minutes. Toss with 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese when finished.