I remember the first time I had shrimp. It was popcorn shrimp from Red Lobster. Before then I refused to touch it and for a few years after, popcorn shrimp was the only shrimp I would eat. I have come a long way since then and now shrimp is probably one of my favorite meals.
I discovered this roasted lemon garlic shrimp recipe a few months ago and have made it multiple times since. Serve with rice or orzo with the extra lemon garlic sauce drizzled over, divine.
For these updated pictures, I used medium shrimp because they were cheaper. I usually prefer large shrimp for this dish, but you know I’m not going to pay an extra $3-4 per pound for the larger shrimp.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 zested, both cut into slices
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, deveined with tails off
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large glass dish combine olive oil, lemon zest, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Bake the spices for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and add butter.
- Add shrimp, garlic, and lemon slices. Mix. Bake for 6-7 minutes until shrimp are fully pink.
Adapted from Cinnamon Girl Recipes
Approx cost per serving: $3.37