If you follow along on Facebook you will know that last week we had a no shopping week. I ended up cheating and heading out to a closing grocery store to pick up some sale staples, but for the most part I think we did a pretty good job. Other than my cheat I only headed out to grab a few produce items.
This sandwich was one of our meals for no shopping week. I picked up an avocado and tomato and the rest of it was already in the freezer.
Grilled chicken sandwiches can be made with lots of different toppings and therefor can make for some great cooking with what you have meals. We are big fans of ranch dressing in this house, almost no sandwich is complete without it.
Grilled chicken is also a crowd pleaser which makes it great to serve for the Superbowl. So heat up your grill and slice up some avocados before the big game and you will have some happy football fans in the house.
- 4 sandwich buns (we like ciabatta)
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cheese (we like pepperjack)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Ranch dressing
- Preheat grill to medium high heat
- Pound each chicken breast to uniform thickness and slice in half to yield two pieces of chicken that each fit on a bun. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill 5 minutes per side, until internal temperature is 165 degrees. Grill buns if desired. Add shredded cheese to chicken and let melt before removing from grill.
- Spread a thin layer of ranch dressing on the top of each bun.
- Place chicken breasts on bun, top with avocado, tomato, and spinach.