My mom is my inspiration for my cooking. She was always whipping us up tasty dinners and trying out new recipes. From her I learned the importance of eating a healthy, well balanced diet and always clipping coupons before heading to the store.
I never thought I was a fan of quiche, that was until I made Julia Child’s Quiche Lorraine. Mom made quiche growing up but it was never quite so buttery. She tries to keep things lower calorie, but I have learned with quiche you can’t try to cut calories. It’s just not the same. I did cheat on the crust with a premade and I still haven’t made Julia’s crust, but I have made a few other homemade crusts.
Since I first made Julia’s quiche back in November it has become a staple at our family brunches. For Mother’s Day I am made a big batch of blueberry muffins, instead of my now famous quiche.
- 1 pie crust, uncooked
- 4 thick slices bacon, cooked
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- ½ cup cream
- 1½ tablespoons butter, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Fit pie crust to pie pan and prick with fork multiple times. Bake 7-8 minutes until slightly golden. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Crumble bacon into the crust.
- In a large, 2 cup, measuring cup whisk eggs with a pinch of salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add enough cream to bring the mixture up to 1¼ cups. Pour into pie crust.
- Scatter the butter on top and bake 30-35 minutes, until browned and bubbly.
- Blueberry Coffee Cake from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Cornbread Pancakes with Blackberries from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Crepes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hot N Sweet Mango Chutney from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Lemon Glazed Raspberry Scones from Juanita’s Cocina
- Quiche Lorraine from Supper for a Steal
- Seafood Quiche from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Strawberry Rhubarb Compote from Noshing with the Nolands
- Sweet French Breakfast Crepes from Curious Cuisiniere
- Vidalia Onion Quiche from Comfy Cuisine
Mother’s Day Entrees:
- Cod with Stewed Tomatoes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Vegetable Sandwiches with Herbed Goat Cheesefrom Foxes Love Lemons
- Lemon Risotto from Healthy. Delicious.
- Lobster Ravioli with Shrimp Caper Sauce from Family Foodie
- Pork dumpling (Shumai) from The Urban Mrs.
Mother’s Day Sides:
- Spaetzle from Magnolia Days
Mother’s Day Desserts and Drinks:
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls from Gotta Get Baked
- Chocolate Kahlua Cream Pie from Ruffles & Truffles
- Espresso Brownies from What Smells So Good?
- Fresh Blackberry Elderflower Sorbet from Shockingly Delicious
- Fresh Fig and Walnut Pie from Vintage Kitchen
- Gluten Free Coconut Cake with Chocolate Ganache, Berries, and Fresh Whipped Cream fromNeighborfood
- Lavender Shortbread Cookies from girlichef
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Pies and Plots
- Lemon Petit Fours from Home Cooking Memories
- Lemon Sorbet in Prosecco from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Milky Way Brownies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mini Coconut Pies from La Cocina de Leslie
- Mini Strawberry and Cheese Pies from Basic N Delicious
- Mom’s Apple Crisp from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mom’s Texas Sheetcake from Daily Dish Recipes
- Raspberry and Hazlenut Friands from Happy Baking Days
- Semolina Balls (Suji Laddoo) from Soni’s Food
- Too-Good-to-Be-Lowfat Chocolate Eclair Icebox Dessert from The Weekend Gourmet
Don’t forget to join the #SundaySupper chat on Twitter today to celebrate Mother’s Day! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share our delicious recipes. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.
Do you have your ticket to the Food and Wine Conference yet? If not, there will be a special $100 discount available tonight only on the full conference pass if you participate in the #SundaySupper twitter chat from 7 to 8pm Eastern Time, and purchase your ticket during the chat. The discount code is: SundaySupper. We hope to see you there!