Last night, the hubs and I escaped for a little date night at Whole Foods for a blogger exclusive wine tasting. This is the second one our new Whole Foods has put on and they are always so much fun. At the last one I discovered that King Rabbit Malbec in the background of the photo below and from this one, the Squadra Bianco, which would make an amazing wine to take on a picnic with this pasta salad.
I’m hoping we get a little cooler weather soon, because I know Hadley will love going on picnics. The girl loves to be outside. Some pasta salad and a charcuterie board would make a delish and fun picnic, also with a bottle of wine, of course!
I have made this pasta salad for a few parties now and it is always well received, but it makes a ton. For Hadley’s birthday I doubled the recipe and we were eating pasta salad the rest of the week. I’m not complaining because it is one of my favorite foods, other people in my family may not have loved the endless pasta salad.
- 16oz short grain pasta such as elbows or bowties, cooked and cooled (toss with 2 tbsps of the Italian dressing to keep from sticking together)
- 1 pkg of pepperoni, quartered
- 1 cup black olives, halved
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 8oz fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- ½ shredded parmesan cheese
- 1½ cups Italian dressing
- In a bowl combine pasta, pepperoni, olives, tomatoes, pepper, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and 1 cup of Italian dressing. Mix well to combine. Refrigerate until ready to serve, just before serving mix in additional ½ cup of Italian dressing.
Approx cost per serving: $1.60