The other day my husband texted me to say his boss had just given him a few snapper fillets that he had caught the day before. I love it when people go fishing and bring me some loot. I started searching the web for a new and different recipe. I make a lot of blackened fish or spicy fish tacos so I wanted a change.
I found a salmon recipe from Ina Garten that sounded promising. I’m not a salmon fan, but this snapper was on the thick side so I had plenty of meat to work with.
What does this recipe have to do with Father’s Day? Not a whole lot. My dad does enjoy eating fish and he loves a good fried grouper sandwich. And this is kind of like a healthier version of fried fish. So, in that case I will offer up this recipe as a hearty healthy alternative for your fried fish loving father.
Happy Father’s Day Dad!
- ½ cup panko
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl mix together panko, parsley, salt and pepper. Add lemon juice and olive oil and stir until panko is coated.
- Spread mustard over each fillet. Press the panko mixture into the mustard.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. If you have an instant thermometer it should read between 135-145 degrees.
Adapted from Ina Garten’s Panko Crusted Salmon recipe
Dad’s Favorite Main Dishes:
- Father’s Day Ribs by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Chorizo Burgers by La Cocina de Leslie
- Whiskey Sliders by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Beer Can Chicken by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pesto Shrimp Roll Sandwich by Growing Up Gabel
- Cast Iron Filet Mignon with Wine Sauce by I Run For Wine
- Grilled Tilapia with Blueberry Mango Salsa by Runner’s Tales
- Chicken Wings for Dad by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fish with Black Bean Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spaghetti with Homemade Meatballs by Curious Cuisiniere
- Tamale Pie Ring by Treats & Trinkets
- Grill-Roasted Chicken & Vegetables by Foxes Loves Lemons
- Grandma Papina’s Lamb Stew by Webicurean
- Barbecue Beans and Ribs by Food Lust People Love
- Skillet Meat Lasagna by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Panko Crusted Snapper by Supper for a Steal
- Gluten Free Bourbon Honey Grilled Pork Chops by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Boiled Shrimp for Father’s Day by The Catholic Foodie
- Dad’s Famous Baby Back Ribs by Family Foodie
- Turkey Stuffed Peppers by Ruffles & Truffles
- Lightened Up Fish Biriyani With Fresh Dill by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Cauliflower, Potato, and Cheddar Pierogi by Healthy.Delicious
Dad’s Favorite Appetizers and Sides:
- Spicy Caramelized Bacon Wrapped Smoked Oysters by Noshing with the Nolands
- Tuna Pasta Salad – Dad’s Recipe by Juanita’s Cocina
- Grilled Bok Choy by Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon-Cheddar Potato Salad by Home Cooking Memories
- Couscous Tabbouleh by Soni’s Food
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Dad’s Cheesecake by Table for 7
- Cheese Crackers by The Urban Mrs
- Coconut Cream Pie by Cookin’ Mimi
- Chewy Oat Cookies with a Banana Bread Influence by What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Nutter Butters by Pies and Plots
- Shoot for the Stars Chocolate Cupcakes by Ninja Baking
- Golden Coconut Bars by Magnolia Days
- Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by NeighborFood
- Velvet Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie by Small Wallet Big Appetite
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement
Sunday Supper is not only a movement, but our contributors have become more like a family. Happy Father’s Day to all the amazing families in this group! Without your love for family, the Sunday Supper Movement would not be what it is today. May you enjoy a day filled with love Around the Family Table!
Come celebrate Father’s day with the Sunday Supper Team! We would love to have you join our Twitter #SundaySupper chat starting at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag throughout the day to see the amazing recipes. We look forward to seeing you. To join all you need to do is follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and share your favorite tips and recipes. Be sure to check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and photos.
Join us in Orlando this summer for our first annual Food and Wine Conference. Visitwww.foodandwineconference.com.