It’s no secret that I absolutely loath doing the dishes. I’m sure I’m not alone. I try to avoid them like the plague until they pile up to high for me to deal with. Sometimes I’m able to sweet talk my husband into doing them, but the majority of time I am the dishwasher.
I always try to use minimal pots and pans and do some of the dishes while I’m cooking. But if I could hire someone specifically to do the dishes (and maybe the laundry) I would jump at the chance.
I saw a Martha Stewart recipe for one pan pasta on Facebook recently and knew I had to try the idea. I already planned to make Pasta Puttanesca, but what if I took combined my Puttanesca recipe with Martha’s one pot idea?
The pasta came out perfectly cooked and the liquid made a slightly thickened light red sauce. It was genius.
Spinach could be substituted instead of the arugula, but I happen to LOVE arugula.
- 8 oz linguini
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Greek olives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Anchovy paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup packed arugula, chopped
- Saute garlic for 1 minute, add parsley, olives, anchovy paste, dried oregano, red pepper, and tomatoes with juice and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, water, and pasta and bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Most of the liquid should cook down and evaporate, but not all to allow for a sauce.
- Toss in arugula and mix through to wilt.