This Marinated Shrimp and Artichokes recipe comes from one of my favorite magazines, Southern Living, it was in the November 2011 issue. My mom first made this for her book club and there was barely enough leftover for me to have a taste.
For an appetizer presentation you could serve in martini glasses, in small dishes, or you could even serve on skewers.
I bought uncooked shrimp and peeled and boiled them myself before preparing the dish, but when cooked and peeled shrimp are usually only $1 more per pound buying already cooked will help save a few minutes of prep time and only cost $1 more!
To make this a more versatile dish you can change it up and make this shrimp appetizer into an amazing pasta salad, just toss with cooked and cooled orzo. I took the leftovers and made myself a shrimp pasta salad. Wow, perfect lunch that I could eat all day everyday.
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- .75oz envelope garlic and herb dressing mix
- 1 lb peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
- 14oz can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 4oz block of feta cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Whisk together balsamic, parsley, green onion, and herb dressing mix. Toss with cooked shrimp, artichoke hearts, olives, and tomatoes. Allow to marinate 8-24 hours.
- Right before serving toss with cubed feta and a few tablespoons of basil.