Last year for National Margarita Day I was with a group of friends tailgating with my famous beer margaritas before seeing Zac Brown Band with the rest of the Tampa Bay area.
Clearly this year will be a little tamer, since an actual margarita is out of the picture, due to my growing belly.
I had to put the thinking cap on. How does a pregnant woman celebrate National Margarita Day? The answer came pretty quickly as I remembered just how many trips to Tijuana Flats I have made in the last few months. Tacos, were the answer. I love to marinate with lime juice and tequila. I have done it on fish and chicken, but not yet for shrimp.
Since the acid from the lime juice can begin to cook the shrimp if they are left to marinate too long, these can make a very quick dinner. Let the shrimp marinate for 10 minutes and you are ready to cook.
Now go off and enjoy your shrimp tacos and have a margarita for me. Check out the bottom of the posts for many more margarita inspired recipes.
- 1lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons silver tequila
- juice and zest from 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- 8 tortillas
- favorite toppings; guacamole, lettuce, salsa, cheese, sour cream
- Combine shrimp, tequila, lime zest and juice, and salt in a ziploc bag. Toss to coat evenly. Let marinate for up to 10 minutes.
- Heat a non stick skillet to medium high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade and cook 3-5 minutes, until pink and no longer translucent.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
Approx cost per serving: $2.88
- Blackberry Margarita from Cooking for My Peace of Mind
- Chili Lime Margarita from Curious Cuisiniere
- Chocolate Margaritas from The Texan New Yorker
- Creamsicle Margaritas from Savvy Eats
- Frozen Mango Margarita from Noshing with the Nolands
- Lilikoi Margarita with Li Hung Mui from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Margaritas Gone Wild from Delaware Girl Eats
- Mixed Berry Margarita from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Mom’s Wicked Margarita from Desserts Required
- Pomegranate Margarita from Daily Dish Recipes
- Spicy Raspberry Frozen Margarita from The Weekend Gourmet
- Tamarind Margaritas from girlichef
- The Great Grapefruit Margarita from La Cocina de Leslie
- Tim G’s Margarita from Sidewalk Shoes
- Baked Margarita Chicken Wings from Healthy. Delicious.
- Chambord Margarita Macarons from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Margarita Cake with Sugar Cookie Crust from Gotta Get Baked
- Margarita Cheesecake Bars from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Margarita Cupcakes from The Foodie Army Wife
- Margarita Donuts from Big Flavors from a Tiny Kitchen
- Margarita Mousse from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Margarita Shrimp from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Margarita Shrimp Tacos from Supper for a Steal
- Strawberry Margarita Sweet Rolls from The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Top Shelf (Margarita) Truffles from Culinary Adventures with Camilla