Happy Easter! Do you have an all time favorite dessert? Mine is Key Lime Pie, extra points for including chocolate in it! If you are ever down in Key West you just have to try Chocolate Dipped Key Lime Pie on a stick. It’s almost impossible to finish one because they are just so rich, but those few bites are so, so good. It makes the 8 hour drive to Key West worth it.
I am not really a fan of cake; and wedding cake, yuck I never eat it. So for our wedding I knew I had to find something I would like. Enter JJ Gandy’s a local key lime pie shop that makes key lime filled cakes. Yep, vanilla cake with key lime pie as the filling. Let me tell you this is the best cake you have ever tried.
I have been eating key lime desserts as long as I can remember. My Nana used to have a key lime tree in her yard so these Key Lime Cookie Bars turned into one of my mom’s go to desserts.
My mom usually makes these with chocolate chip cookie dough because white chocolate macadamia can be hard to find. I had to go to two different stores before I found it, but I knew I wanted that macadamia nut flavor with the key lime, so I was determined.
You can bet these bars will be part of our Easter spread. Although it might be to late for you to grab the ingredients for Easter brunch, unless you just happen to have them all at your house, I would recommend giving these tasty bars a try as soon as you can get your hands on some key limes.
- 1 refrigerator package white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, at room temperature
- 1 – 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup Key lime uice
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
- Press the cookie dough into the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- In a bowl beat together sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks. Pour mixture over crust and bake an additional 20-23 minutes.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and drizzle over the bars. Allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Lift the bars out of the pan on the parchment then cut with a sharp knife.
Better with Citrus Breakfasts:
- Orange Ricotta Pancakes from Gotta Get Baked
Big On Citrus Breads & Condiments:
- Honey Lime Dressing from Ruffles & Truffles
- Lemon Poppyseed Sweet Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Meyer Lemon Pistachio Loaf from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Moroccan Preserved Lemons from MarocMama
Make You Pucker Salads, Sides, & Main Dishes:
- Ceviche from Cookistry
- Cilantro Lime Rice from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Citrus Ginger Chicken from Kudos Kitchen
- Easy Indian Lemon Chicken from Soni’s Food
- Grilled Orange & Lime Chicken Thighs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Meyer Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Asparagus with Brown Rice from Daily Dish Recipes
- Orange Chicken from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Red Cabbage and Red Pepper Salad with Citrus Dressing from Family Foodie
- Seared Cod with Grapefruit Fennel Slaw from Magnolia Days
- Tangy Lemon Rice with Grated Mango & Roasted Cashew from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
Sour Citrusy Sweets & Desserts:
- Blood Orange Sorbet from My Cute Bride
- Broiled Oranges with Toasted Coconut from Neighborfood
- Clementine Curd from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Creamsicle Cupcakes from The Meltaways
- Dairyfree Key Lime Meringue Bliss from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Fresh Lemon Mousse from Comfy Cuisine
- Frozen Lemon Dessert from Gourmet Drizzles
- Gluten Free Orange Pound Cake from Simply Gourmet
- Honey and Lemon Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Key Lime Biscotti from Juanita’s Cocina
- Key Lime Cheesecake from Flour on My Face
- Key Lime Cookie Bars from Supper for a Steal
- Key Lime Truffles from What Smells So Good?
- Lemon Blueberry Polenta Cake from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Lemon Coconut Cinnamon Rolls from Chocolate Moosey
- Lemon Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Lemon Cream Pie Push Pops from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemon Layer Cake from Crispy Bits & Burnt Ends
- Lemon Ricotta Cake from The Urban Mrs.
- Meyer Lemon Snack Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Mini Meyer Lemon Pies from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini Orange Cream & Lemon Cream Scones from The Foodie Army Wife
- No-Bake Lemon Cheese Cakes w/Blueberry-Lemon Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Olive Oil Cake with Orange Marmalade from Hip Foodie Mom
- Omiyage California Citrus Cake from Ninja Baking
- Orange Cake with Orange Syrup from The Lovely Pantry
- Pink Grapefruit Pie from In the Kitchen With Audrey and Maurene
- Pink Lemonade Pound Cake from In the Kitchen with KP
- Sugar-Free Lemon Meringue Pie from Webicurean
- Tarte au Citron from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Sour Sips & Drinks:
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on Twitter today to talk all about citrus recipes! We’ll tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag, and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more delicious recipes and food photos.