First off, apologize for my absence lately. This past week in the afternoon I have been playing catch up so I plan to resume normal posting tomorrow.
Also this past week I started teaching my first of four summer cooking camps. I have quite a few little chefs in training. These kids are impressive, eating everything from vegetable samosas with mint chutney to baba ganoush. The theme was “Around the World” and the kids loved it!
Today I’m coming to you from Boca Grande, Florida. A little mini vacation after a crazy week. We are off the grid. Our hotel doesn’t have wifi within range of our room, so I have connected my iPad bluetooth keyboard to my phone and am blogging that way. The life of a food blogger … 🙂
I really, really, really wanted to participate in this week’s #SundaySupper because I love a good BBQ, but with everything going on I didn’t have much time to plan a dish to make. I had picked up some zucchini (and a yellow squash) earlier in the week and planned to grill them. Well I found my dish for the week!
I am all about simple foods when planning a BBQ and it doesn’t get much simpler than this. My go to plan for a BBQ is one or two main dish options, a starch, a vegetable, fruit, and dessert.
Zucchini is pretty high on my list of favorite vegetables, well who am I kidding I love pretty much all vegetables, but when cooking at home I often turn to zucchini for a vegetable side. It cooks quickly, tastes great with just a little olive oil, salt and pepper and is very versatile for cooking; sometimes I throw it in the oven, sometimes on the stove top, and sometimes on the grill like this.
- 4-5 zucchini and yellow squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- Cut the tip and the base off of each zucchini. Cut lengthwise into fourths.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle with olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat grill 2-3 minutes per side, until softened.
- Remove from grill and sprinkle with remaining salt, pepper, and rosemary.
Hot Off the Grill:
- Best Grilled Pork Chops by Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks
- Bleu Cheese Burgers by Juanita’s Cocina
- Korean Grilled Flank Steak by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Swedish Blonde Burgers by Eat, Move, Shine
- Hawaiian Hot Dogs by La Cocina De Leslie
- BBQing the Whole Hog, Cuban Style by Webicurean
- Meat Stuffed Jalapenos by The Urban Mrs
- St. Louis Ribs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Fish Kebabs with Mint Chutney by Soni’s Food
- Jalapeno Bacon Burgers by Cookin’ Mimi
- Cheddar Cheese Stuffed Bacon Burgers by In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Pork Sliders with Peanut Sauce & Apple Slaw by Foxes Love Lemons
- Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breasts by Sustainable Dad
- Ditch Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bison Kabobs by Noshing With The Nolands
On the Side:
- Spicy Baked Beans by The Messy Baker
- Wisconsin Roasted Corn by Curious Cuisiniere
- German Potato Salad by The Foodie Army Wife
- Grilled Baby Potatoes With Peppers And Onions by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Sausage Potato Salad by girlichef
- Lightened Up Fully Loaded Baked Potato Salad by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Homemade Mustards by A Stack of Dishes
- Spicy Grilled Corn Salad by Magnolia Days
- Layered California Pasta Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Potato Salad by In Fine Balance
- Spicy Bacon and Corn Salad by Hip Foodie Mom
- Three Corns with Japanese Accents by Ninja Baking
- Cucumber Bruschetta by Healthy. Delicious.
- Grilled Zucchini by Supper for a Steal
- Chicken Spinach & Pasta Salad by Family Foodie
- Red, White & Blue Parfait by Country Girl in the Village
- Root Beer Float Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Gluten Free Brownies by Blueberries & Blessings
- Grilled Stone Fruit Parfait by Pescetarian Journal
- Blueberry Sorbet by Shockingly Delicious
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Tres Leches Cake by Happy Baking Days
- Beach Cupcakes by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Grilled Banana Dessert Bar by Home Cooking Memories
- Berries & Cream Pie by Treats & Trinkets
- Raspberry Lemonade Frozen Yogurt Pops by Runner’s Tales
- More S’mores by Growing Up Gabel
- Blackberry Peach Cobbler by Neighborfood
- Cornbread Cookies by Pies & Plots
- Funfetti Fluff Cheerio Treats by What Smells So Good?
- Pineapple Pudding by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
In the Cooler:
- Cherry Caipiroska by Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Mint Tea Slushes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Prickly Pear Margaritas by Ruffles & Truffles
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.