Happy Friday! Are you ready for the weekend? How about a little steak to end the week. Our local meat market frequently has Groupons. Every time they are available I buy a few to purchase meat and seafood at a discount. They carry these “sirloin sizzlers” that are the perfect individual size. They are about 6 oz steaks and always taste delicious seasoned with a little salt and pepper. Since Publix has sirloin steaks on sale this week buy a few of the smaller ones to control portion size.
You don’t have to have an expensive grill to cook delicious steaks. We don’t have a fancy grill, in fact it is one of those $99 Char Broils from Home Depot about 5 years ago. It’s a miracle it’s still kicking. The hubs is the grill master and I do the prep. I set the steaks out, season them, and prepare the sides while he grills them to perfection.
- 4 small steaks
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh herbs
1. In a small bowl combine a few tbsps of butter and fresh chopped herbs such as basil, parsley, any you may have. May substitute dry if you do not have fresh. Using plastic wrap form the butter mixture into a log and allow to harden in the refrigerator.
2. Set steaks on the counter to come to room temperature. Heat grill on high heat for about 5-10 minutes. After the grill is heated up reduce the temperature to medium high.
3. Season steaks with salt and pepper.
4. Grill steaks 6-8 minutes on each side for medium – medium well. Less if you like it rarer.
5. When steaks are hot off the grill top each with a slice of butter and allow to rest for approximately 3-5 minutes.
Quick Fix Side – Sautéed Mushrooms
While the steaks are cooking out of the grill, add a 1/2 tbsp of butter and olive oil to a non stick skillet over medium high heat. Allow the butter to melt. Add mushrooms and a splash of the white wine from your glass and saute for 5-8 minutes, until golden. Top with fresh rosemary.