Grilled Chicken Caesar salad is such an easy concept for dinner, but what makes it truly divine is homemade dressing. Be sure to make plenty of dressing because next week I have another recipe using the homemade Caesar dressing. You will need about 1 cup for that recipe.
For a simple Chicken Caesar you will need chopped romaine lettuce; croutons; shredded Parmesan cheese; grilled chicken, slightly cooled and sliced thin; and of course the homemade dressing. Since the dressing is so strong you can use less than you would think. I usually start off with just a small bit on my salad and add more if needed.
- 2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I use w/ Olive Oil)
- ¼ cup half and half
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Dash of pepper
- Using a mini food processor or blender, blend the anchovy paste and garlic until minced.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until well blended and uniform consistency.
- For a thinner dressing slowly drizzle in more half and half. Until desired consistency is reached.
- Store in sealed container in the fridge for up to 1 week.