As most people know, I love tailgating. When the opportunity arose to work with Gallo Family Vineyards on a tailgating recipe I couldn’t resist. I mean I did host the tailgate #SundaySupper the past two years in a row.
Even though the past few years have been pretty sorry years for my team and we aren’t expecting much out of them this year I will still enjoy whipping up some tasty tailgating favorites.
I love to enjoy a large variety of food when tailgating, from nachos to brownies, but chicken in some form or another is always included.
Grilled wings are my absolute favorite, and I would argue that grilling is the best way to cook wings. The marinade was a no brainer for me. I use it a lot for grilled chicken breasts and they are always tender and juicy.
I leave the beer for my husband and when tailgating I always reach for the wine. I love that Gallo Family Vineyards now makes these mini (187mL) bottles that are perfect to take along to the tailgate. Since this recipe uses only 1/4 cup of Chardonnay you are left with the perfect amount to enjoy while munching on the wings and other tailgating treats.
Gallo even has a section of their website devoted to wine and BBQ pairings if you need ideas of what wine to pair with those hot dogs or burgers you just threw on the grill with your wings.
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup Gallo Chardonnay
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips removed
- 5oz Greek yogurt
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon dill
- Combine all the ingredients for the wings in a large ziploc bag. Marinate for 1-2 hours.
- Heat half of grill to medium high. Place wings on the heated side and cook 1-2 minutes per side to brown. Move to the cold side of the grill and allow to cook for 15 minutes (leaving the other side on medium high heat.) Finish by crisping them up on the hot side by cooking an additional 1-2 minutes per side.
- While chicken is marinating combine all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Connect with Gallo Family Vineyards: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube
- Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- Basil and Sundried Tomato Hummus by Ruffles & Truffles
- Braided Stromboli by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Braised Brats with Apples and Onions by Flavor Mosaic
- Buffalo Chicken Quinoa Bites by Alida’s Kitchen
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Cakes by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken and Chorizo Nachos by Family Foodie
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Sliders by Life Tastes Good
- Greek Style Grilled Wings with Yogurt Dill Sauce by Supper for a Steal
- Meatball Subs with Garlic-White Wine Sauce by Foxes Love Lemons
- Mini Caprese Polenta Pizzas by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mini Chorizo and Cheese Quiches by Magnolia Days
- Pizza Rolls by Momma’s Meals
- Ricotta Toasts with Tomatoes by The Messy Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Chili by Jelly Toast
- Spicy Grilled Clams in Foil by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Strawberry Mint Red Moscato Sangria by Feed Me, Seymour
- Sun-dried Tomato and Feta Dip with Za’atar Chips by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Ultimate Stadium Nachos by Melanie Makes
- Veggie Pizza with Cauliflower Crust by Take A Bite Out of Boca
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Compensation was provided by Gallo Family Vineyards via Sunday Supper, LLC. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Gallo Family Vineyards.