Yep, continuing right along with my brussel sprouts kick. I have another recipe to share with you. There were a few weeks when I was on a good eating kick, I lost about 10 lbs and am feeling great. Right now I’m kind of trying to maintain that 10 pound weight loss while stuffing my face with cookies… I’ll let you know how that one works out. Where was I, healthy eating, oh yeah. So, I stuffed myself with vegetables throughout the day to stay full.
Then I went perusing around Gourmet Gardens website and found a chili cauliflower recipe. And I thought, how bout I try that with brussel sprouts, well it was amazing. I might have licked the bowl clean.
Quick and easy to whip up it would make a delicious side to your next dinner. Or you could just put it in a bowl and have it for lunch. Either way I don’t think you will be disappointed.
I know I said the salad was one of my favorite ways to enjoy brussel sprouts, but this was my absolute favorite way. I love chili, spice, and all things hot.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1½ tbsp Gourmet Garden chili pepper paste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tbsp Gourmet Garden ginger
- ½ tbsp Gourmet Garden garlic
- 10 quartered brussel sprouts
- Combine soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili paste in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a small skillet. Add ginger and garlic, cook for 30 seconds. Add brussel sprouts and stir fry for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add chili mix and toss to combine, let cook an additional 3-5 minutes until sauce thickens.
Approx cost per serving: $.33