Eggs Benedict is one of my all time favorite foods! I could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner without getting sick of it. But while I will enjoy traditional benedict, I really like specialty benedicts. Florentine being one of my favorite. I love that it’s meatless and loaded with spinach. I have seen it in restaurants with spinach and bacon and I usually ask them to sub tomato for the bacon. Mmm, that is another delicious combo.
This week’s #SundaySupper theme is Breakfast for Dinner. We don’t eat a lot of breakfast for dinner, but when we do it has to be benedicts. I will go on and on about how much I love brunch, but really I’m not a huge breakfast person. I love brunch because of mimosas and benedicts, you can throw in the occasional extra crispy home fries too.
We have a system when making benedicts, my husband is the official egg poacher while I prepare the hollandaise, spinach, and toast the muffins. It is probably the one and only time I let him be in the kitchen with me.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups spinach, packed
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 English muffins
- 8 eggs
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- First cook down the spinach over medium heat. Heat oil in a pan and toss in spinach, season with a little bit of salt and pepper. After it is wilted set aside until needed.
- To make hollandaise whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl until mixture is thickened. Place bowl over a suacepan with lightly simmering water (not touching the bottom of the bowl). Continue to whisk. Slowly drizzle in melted butter and continue whisking until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat, whisk in cayenne and salt. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Split muffins and place in the toaster oven.
- In a large saute pan fill with enough water to cover eggs when you drop them in. Add white vinegar and bring to a slow simmer. Break each egg in, working in two batches and let cook 3-4 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel lined plate.
- Top each muffin half with about 2 tablespoons spinach, a poached egg, and drizzle with hollandaise.
We bring you…Breakfast for Dinner!
- Tres Leches Pancakes from La Cocina de Leslie
- French Toast Casserole with Sautéed Apples from The Foodie Army Wife
- Gluten Free Breakfast Pizza from Blueberries And Blessings
- Basic Vegan Waffles from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Kale, Bacon, Brown Rice Crustless Quiche from Shockingly Delicious
- Bacon Egg and Potato Breakfast Tacos from Cookin’ Mimi
- Steak and Egg Tostadas from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Breakfast Bowls from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Bacon and Egg Waffles from The Urban Mrs
- Homemade Lox from Growing Up Gabel
- Seattle Sandwiches (Lox, Shmear, & A Fried Egg) from Juanita’s Cocina
- Bacon & Brie Potato Bread Strata with Roasted Pears from Eat, Move, Shine
- Saucy Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sliders from Daily Dish Recipes
- Greek Frittata from Casa de Crews
- Elderberry Flower Pancakes from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prosciutto, Gorgonzola and Rosemary Strata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Italian Turkey Meatballs (With a Secret) from What Smells So Good?
- Bacon, Spinach and Tomato Breakfast Pizza from Runner’s Tales
- Red Pepper and Egg Galette from Healthy. Delicious.
- Waffles – One Plate, Two Ways: Sweet & Savory from Foxes Love Lemons
- Steak & Egg Bagel Sandwich from girlichef
- Florentine Benedict from Supper for a Steal
- Oatmeal Ice Cream from Treats & Trinkets
- Banana Waffles with Peanut Butter Syrup from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Berry French Toast from Table For Seven
But wait, there’s more!
- Open Faced BTC Sandwich from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Crustless Spinach Quiche from The Hand That Rocks The Ladle
- Bacon ‘n Eggs Bread Pudding from gotta get baked
- Denver Breakfast Ring from Curious Cuisiniere
- Copycat Japanese McDonald’s from Ninja Baking
- One Pan Full English Fry-up from Food Lust People Love
- Crumpets with Whipped Orange Honey from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Leek, Mushroom and Gruyère Quiche from Hip Foodie Mom
- Joe’s Special, the Original San Francisco Treat from Webicurean
- Dark Chocolate, Orange & Pistachio Greek Yogurt Cups from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Gluten Free Tomato Basil Crepes form No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Sour Cherry Crisp from Pies and Plots
- Cream Dried Beef and Waffles from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage breakfast casserole from My cute bride
- Almond Rice Crepes Stuffed With Sweet Potatoes & Peas from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Zucchini Pancakes with Sautéed Tomatoes and Feta from Ruffles & Truffles
- Apple, Bacon, and Dubliner Cheese Stuffed French Toast from Neighborfood
- Dulce de Leche Stuffed French Toast from Basic N Delicious
Normally it would be very socially unacceptable to have wine with your breakfast, but seeing as this is closer to sunset than sunrise, we say go for it!!!
- Hangtown Fry and Wine Pairings with Breakfast for Dinner from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.