Superbowl Sunday is right around the corner. To me this means time to find the best appetizer recipes I can. I couldn’t care less about who is playing. Heck I thought my husband was watching a Bucs game a few weeks ago until someone told me that, No, the Bucs were not in the playoffs. Last night I did find out that the Patriots are playing the Seahawks in the Superbowl and I even know that the Seahawks won the Superbowl last year. But still not enough for me to care about professional football… back to the food.
So I tried out a few recipes on our home group last night and they all went over well. Now I get to share them here. First up we had a fiesta bacon corn dip. Thanks to one of the guys last night for naming it for me.
Cheesy corn and bacon can you ask for anything more. This is best served right away. But is easily reheated in the oven if necessary.
(Thanks to my friend Noelle of Homemaker Chic for snapping the pics for me)
Look out for another appetizer recipe on Thursday.
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 3 cups corn (I used frozen)
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 4 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 green onions, sliced
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. When well done transfer to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat.
- Add corn, onion, bell pepper and jalapeno to the skillet. Cook 5 minutes. Add cream cheese and milk. Stir to combine and heat through.
- Stir in bacon, green onion, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Approx cost per serving: $.75
Adapted from Damn Delicious