I couldn’t wait to experiment with it, but what was I going to make. I didn’t want to just make any old Greek salad. I looked around the pantry and found a bag of farro I had picked up at Trader Joes. I’ve never cooked farro before, but being a big fan of grain salads I figured I couldn’t go wrong on this one. So I used my cucumber from the co-op basket and picked up tomatoes, onions, feta and olives to complete this dish.
The recipe made a large portion, perfect for keeping in the fridge for lunch all week.
- 8 oz uncooked farro
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup chopped kalamata olives
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup Roasted Beet Vinaigrette
- Cook farro according to package directions. While farro is cooking chop up vegetable and mix together in a large bowl.
- Drain and rinse farro under cold water. Mix with vegetables, add in feta, and toss with dressing. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Approx cost per serving: $2.08