This is my second corn salad recipe of the summer and I am making no apologies. I love simple salads like this. With the hubby working from home most days, I’m always trying to come up with easy lunch recipes. Most of the time he eats leftovers, but there are days when I actually want to make something. I had him throw an ear of corn on the grill while I chopped up the tomatoes, avocado, and green onion.
My new OXO Corn Stripper made it easy and mess free to remove the kernels after the corn had cooled down.
Removing corn kernels is one of those tedious tasks that no one likes to do. When a package arrived from OXO filled with grillin’ goodies I was ecstatic to find the corn stripper inside. Sure there were plenty of other fun things in their too like new tongs and a salad dressing shaker, but it was the corn stripper that had me jumping for joy.
Mix everything up in the bowl and serve. Could that have been easier? This salad would only serve two hungry people a meal, but as a side or doubled you have plenty for everyone to enjoy.
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- juice from ½ lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium. Clean corn and wrap in foil. Place on grill for 15-20 minutes, turning every 5 minutes. Remove from grill and let cool.
- While corn is cooling mix remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Sprinkle with about ¼-1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Once corn is cool enough to handle remove kernels from the cob and add to the bowl. Mix well.
Approx cost per serving: $1.13
Disclosure: OXO sent me a box of grilling supplies as part of their #Whatagrillwants campaign.