Where has the year gone? Can you believe it is already November. In only a few weeks it will be Christmas, then New Years and 2013. Wow. The year sure has gone fast. Now is the time when family gatherings turn into a weekly occurrence. You can’t eat turkey for every meal. If you are planning on casual family gathering tacos are always a big hit.
I remember when the Double Decker Taco came out at Taco Bell and I just had to have one. Why I never thought to make them at home before I don’t know. I choose to purchase one of the packages that contains 6 hard tacos and 6 soft tacos, but if you are feeding a crowd buying in bulk will be a better option.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Taco seasoning (1 packet or see below for homemade)
- 6 – 6” soft tacos
- 6 hard tacos
- Refried beans (canned or homemade)
- Preferred taco toppings - lettuce, tomato, sour cream, cheese, etc
- In a large skillet cook turkey meat until done. Mix in taco seasoning and ½ cup water. Allow to simmer until water has evaporated.
- Heat refried beans until warm. Spread a thin layer on each soft taco. Place a hard taco in the middle of the refried bean covered soft taco and fold the soft taco onto the hard.
- Fill with taco meat and favorite taco toppings.
Homemade Taco Seasoning:
1 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon onion powder, 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper, 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon paprika, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
Mix together in small bowl.