Lately depending on when Hadley is napping I have anywhere from 2-30 minutes to prep dinner. I’m always looking for fast and easy these days. Any time I can make dinner in advance I take it. Which means you will probably be seeing a lot more crockpot meals and casseroles.
I was just joking with my friends the other day that I didn’t need meals when she was just born. She slept so much I had plenty of time to make dinner, but now that she is awake and alert at 2 months old, now is the time I need people to bring me meals.
This chicken has become one of my go to crockpot recipes. It is super easy and very versatile. Plus it makes a ton.
We made tostadas with refried black beans, chicken, shredded cheese, lettuce, and corn salsa. We also just used up frozen leftovers this week and made burritos with pinto beans, chicken, cheese, and salsa. I have given this to friends with taco fixings so they can make tacos or taco salads. But you don’t even have to limit yourself to Mexican dishes, wraps, pizza, sandwiches, use your imagination.
- 2.5lbs boneless skinless chicken (I used a mix of breast and thighs)
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup Zesty Italian dressing
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place chicken in crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients together in large measuring cup or mixing bowl and pour over chicken. Cook 6-8 hours on low. Shredded chicken with two forks right in the pot and let it simmer in the broth for an additional 30 minutes. Drain broth and serve.