These sandwiches are kind of like a cross between a philly cheesesteak and a sloppy joe, but easier to make than both of them! Dinner for a crowd? Double the recipe, if it will fit in your crockpot. So simple to make, but so tasty. Save this one for a night you need a quick dinner. Most of the prep is done in the morning all you need to do is shred the meat, toast the buns and dinner is on the table. I just love these easy crockpot recipes I am finding and new ways to use shredded beef and pork besides BBQ.
Crockpot Italian Beef Sandwiches
Adapted from Smashed Peas and Carrots
- 3-5lb bottom round roast
- 1 12oz jar pepperocinis including liquid
- 1 pkt dry Italian dressing mix
- 14.5 oz can or about 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp Italian herb seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Hamburger buns or hoagie rolls
- Provolone or Mozzarella cheese
1. Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours
2. Shred the meat with two forks.
3. Toast the buns on a baking sheet under the broiler (watch carefully to avoid burning). Top with meat, cheese, and stick under broiler for an additional 1-2 minutes to allow cheese to melt.