This week’s #SundaySupper is a budget friendly one. If you have been following my weekly menu plans you should have everything you need to make this already! A hearty, filling soup that you can make in minutes with ingredients you already have.
Tortellini in soup is possibly the best pasta you can add. Not only do you get the pasta, but a little surprise of cheese as well. When frozen tortellini and ravioli go on sale I stock up. That way I can create easy meals like this without having to run out to the store.
Chicken Tortellini Soup
Adapted from Allrecipes.com
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3-4 handfuls fresh spinach
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ pkg frozen tortellini (about 5oz frozen)
- 2 cups leftover shredded chicken
1. In a soup pot bring chicken stock and water to a boil. Add salt and pepper, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, tortellini, and chicken
2. Continue to boil for 1-2 minutes then reduce to simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add spinach and allow to wilt. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Check out all of the other Budget#SundaySupper participants for some delicious meals!
-Sasha from Rambling Notebook is serving Crock Pot Curried Carrot Ginger Soup
-Jennie from The Messy Baker is serving Meatball Subs
-Amrita from Beetle’s Kitchen is serving Vegetable Manchurian Recipe
-Lyn from Lovely Pantry is serving Butternut Squash and Aspragus Risotto
-Pam from The Meltaways is serving Chicken Enchildada Pasta
-Carla from Chocolate Moosey is serving Sweet Chili Wings
-Karen from Notes From the Cookie Jar is serving Chickpea Masala Sandwiches
-Connie from Mrs. MamaHen is serving German Potato Soup
-Anuradha from Baker Street is serving Blueberry Lime Bread
-And Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake is serving Crème Brulee French Toast