In need of a quick dinner? I always turn to sandwiches when we have to eat and run. But sandwiches don’t have to be boring turkey and cheese. If you have just a few minutes you can create a tasty, hearty, and healthy sandwich.
I found these ciabatta rolls at Sam’s Club and I keep a whole bag of them in the freezer. When I need a quick sandwich I just pop one in the toasted oven to warm up for a few minutes and load on my favorite toppings. Plain sliced bread can make for a boring sandwich, but change up the bread to ciabatta or pretzel rolls and any sandwich is instantly better.
Leftover chicken from the Savory Roasted Chicken posted on Wednesday works wonderfully on this sandwich or a rotisserie chicken is also a good option. Remember to keep the carcass and/or bones and make your own chicken stock. With colder weather rolling in you will love having hearty and delicious chicken stock at all time in your freezer.
- 1 cup chicken
- 2 tbsp pesto
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 4 slices provolone
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Handful of spinach
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl mix together your favorite pesto (I used sundried tomato) and mayo.
- Slice ciabatta rolls in half and spread pesto mayo on top half.
- On the bottom half divide chicken evenly among sandwiches, layer with provolone cheese, and place in oven for 3-5 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven top with spinach and top of roll.