Chicken Parmesan is one of my husband’s favorite foods, but I don’t make it nearly enough. After scoring a major deal on hoagie rolls and trying to think of millions of ways to use them. I decided to whip up some chicken parmesan hoagies. Combining my love of sandwiches and my husbands love of chicken parm.
These sandwiches, although taking a little more time then your standard sandwich, came together pretty quickly. Making them a great weeknight dinner. Plus these are a crowd pleaser, who isn’t happy eating chicken parmesan on a soft hoagie roll.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup seasoned Italian breadcrumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- marinara sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls (about 6")
- 1 - 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise, to yield two cutlets. Pound them until thin.
- Spread breadcrumbs in a wide bowl. Lightly coat each piece of chicken with olive oil. Then dip in the breadcrumbs to coat both sides.
- Bake 7-10 minutes. Switch oven to broil.
- Split hoagie rolls, spread a thin layer of marinara on the bottom of each, place a piece of chicken on top, another thin layer of marinara, then mozzarella cheese. Broil sandwiches to melt cheese for 2-3 minutes until browned and bubbly.
Approx cost per serving: $2.63