This Chicken Caesar Sandwich is the perfect way to use up any leftover homemade Caesar dressing. I have had this bookmarked for quite some time now. It’s been about a year since I saw it posted at The Girl Who Ate Everything, and now that I have finally made it I can say it’s delicious.
The original recipe is made in the crockpot, but mine suffered a casualty recently so I adapted it for the stove top. You could easily double the recipe and serve on slider buns for a fun tailgating treat. Can you tell I have a one track mind since college football is starting this weekend?
Use extra lettuce and throw together a nice side salad, any veggies you find in your fridge work well, along with nuts or croutons for a little crunch.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 cup Caesar dressing (recipe for homemade above)
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- Pinch of pepper
- Hamburger buns
- Bring a large (5qt+) pot of water to a boil, enough to completely cover chicken breasts. Place chicken in bowling water and boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from water. Check to make sure is fully cooked. Allow chicken to cool for a few minutes then shred with two forks.
- Discard water from pot and heat over low. Return chicken to pot after shredding. Add Caesar dressing, parmesan cheese, parsley, and pepper. Stir together and allow to heat through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve Caesar chicken on buns with lettuce.