I had grand plans to post a bunch of “healthier” Thanksgiving recipes on here, but then I decided my kitchen reveal was more important, and those healthier Thanksgiving recipes got pushed to the week of Thanksgiving.
So just in case you still haven’t finalized your menu. I have this cauliflower and hopefully another recipe for you tomorrow. Nothing like last minute, right?
I have always been a fan of cauliflower, but it wasn’t until I made this dish that I fell madly in love with it.
Think Mac and Cheese, but with cauliflower. You whip up and easy cheese sauce and top it all with a crunchy coat of breadcrumbs. You could prepare this in advance and hold off on the broiling until right before you are about to serve your Thanksgiving dinner to heat the whole dish through.
I’m telling you, it was perfect.
Thanksgiving is at my parents house this year with my Aunt and Uncle. There will only be 6 of us. Since I’m not big on turkey I’m planning to make a few veggie side dishes to fill up on. I’m doubling this recipe, because I know I will eat about half of it myself. I think it makes a good substitute for having potatoes at the table. I know my low carb friends will love this recipe.
- 10oz cauliflower florets
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- pinch of pepper
- In an overproof skillet (10") bring cauliflower, ½ cup milk and salt to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 5 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons shredded cheese in a small bowl, set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk flour and 2 tablespoons milk in a small bowl, add to cauliflower mixture, cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in remaining cheese, mustard, and pepper. Sprinkle with breadcrumb topping and broil until top is crispy and golden browned, 1-2 minutes