On my birthday I was sitting around the house surveying what I could make for lunch. I discovered we didn’t have anything so I checked a few of my favorite local places menus. The Broadway Café was featuring a Cajun Turkey Club with Honey Mayo. Murphy and I hopped in the car and picked it up then took our lunch down to the water to eat. It was one of the best sandwiches ever! I knew I could recreate a grilled chicken version at home.
This is an easy to throw together sandwich. The honey mayo really makes it. I have said before that I am not a mayo fan. I don’t like globs of it on my sandwiches or anything, but a light coating on each piece of bread really steps the sandwich up a notch.
If just a sandwich for dinner isn’t your thing look for this afternoon’s recipe of Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Have a Panera You Pick Two night at home for half the cost.
Cajun Chicken Club
- 4 pieces your favorite bread
- Tomato, sliced
- 4 pieces of bacon
- 1 chicken breast, cut lengthwise (butterfly) all the way through and pounded thin
- Cajun seasoning
- 4 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp honey
1. In a small bowl mix together the mayo and honey, set aside.
2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breast generously with Cajun seasoning. In a skillet (or on a George Foreman) over medium-high heat cook the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes per side until they reach and internal temperature of 160 degrees. Set aside to cool.
3. Cook bacon in skillet until crispy. Meanwhile toast bread.
4. Once chicken is cool enough to handle slice into strips.
5. Spread the honey mayo on both slices of bread and assemble lettuce, tomato, bacon and chicken.