Quick, before summer’s over, I have one more summery salad recipe for you. Well, I guess for most of America summer ended about 2 months ago, but not here in Florida. We are still experiencing 85-90 degree temperatures on the reg.
We did have a cool snap this past weekend with temperatures dipping into the 70s, it was glorious. I was able to wear Hadley around outside without sweating my bum off. We went for a walk in downtown, got some ice cream, went down to the park on the water, it was such a beautiful day. But then Sunday came and we were back to our normal, hot, humid temperatures. Oh well, we savor those cool days when we get them.
Since it’s been hot I have spent the rest of my week inside. Shopping, cuddling, cooking when I get a chance, and shopping some more.
Quick and easy has been the theme for dinners around here. Hadley really likes to be held, pretty much 24/7 so if I’m not up for wearing her around the kitchen, dinner has to be something I can whip up quickly while Hagin entertains her.
Salads are pretty quick, healthy, and this one was especially delicious. Even Hagin who isn’t really a fan of shrimp enjoyed it. It was the buffalo sauce that sold him. The man loves buffalo anything.
- 1 large ripe mango, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Nature's Seasoning or other no salt spice mixture
- 1 bag hearts of romaine lettuce
- ½ cup Caesar dressing
- ¼ cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Arrange shrimp on foil lined baking sheet and sprinkle with Nature's Seasoning. Broil 4-5 minutes until shrimp are fully cooked.
- Combine dressing, wing sauce, and honey and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl toss romaine lettuce with ½ of the dressing. Top with shrimp, mango, and avocado and drizzle with remaining dressing.
Approx cost per serving: $5.17