Every once in a while I like to switch it up and make breakfast for dinner. Breakfast is usually a cheap and easy meal, but also pretty nutritious. You can customize these burritos for different palates and leave out the peppers and onions for picky eaters. I like to “sneak” the peppers and onion in there for a little health boost. Mushrooms or chopped tomatoes would also make for a nice addition. Prefer sausage to bacon? That works perfectly too. But whatever you do don’t forget the dash of hot sauce.
These burritos are quick to make and surprisingly filling. You can fry up a quick batch of hash browns and serve with a side of delicious seasonal fruit.
I have seen it posted around, but have not tried yet. You can make extra burritos, wrap in wax paper or foil and freeze. You then have an easy breakfast that just needs a quick zap in the microwave.
- 4 flour tortillas (10”)
- 4 strips bacon
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup Birdseye frozen peppers and onions
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- In a large skillet begin by cooking bacon over medium heat until crispy, about 7-10 minutes turning half way through.
- Set bacon on a paper towel to dry. Drain bacon grease from skillet. In a bowl whisk together eggs and milk.
- With skillet back over medium heat cook peppers and onions until soft. Add eggs, and a dash of salt and pepper. Scramble until eggs are set.
- Divide eggs evenly among the four tortillas, top with ¼ cup shredded cheese, and 1 slice of crumbled bacon.
- Wrap up and enjoy your burrito.