If you are a fan of a certain restaurant’s Bang Bang Shrimp, but not really a fan of the calories that come along with it, these grilled shrimp are the dish for you. Now I’m not sure if the sauce is exactly the same. It’s been a while since I’ve had the real deal, but it is delicious either way. I love that Publix carries these premade skewers and they are on sale for $1 each, it virtually eliminates the the prep time.
After a few minutes on the grill these are ready to be doused in sauce. These shrimp would also make a great appetizer, but we had them as a main dish. If you are particularly spicy food averse you may want to tone down on the sriracha, but we didn’t find them to spicy. For a side a coconut rice would be delicious. If you end up with extra shrimp, make tacos out of the leftovers.
Banging Grilled Shrimp
Adapted from Skinny Taste
- 2 ½ tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp green onions, chopped
- 1 ½ tsp Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- ½ tsp Sriracha
- 8 shrimp skewers (5 shrimp per skewer)
1. In a small bowl combine mayo, green onion, chili sauce, and sriracha. Stir well to combine and set aside.
2. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper.
3. Over medium heat grill the shrimp 3-4 minutes per side, until shrimp is pink.
4. Brush with sauce (both sides) immediately after removing from grill.