Tacos are a favorite meal around here. But honestly I don’t make them often enough because it usually involves purchasing a lot of different ingredients. I tend to only make them when we already have a bunch of toppings in the fridge from other meals. We already had cabbage, avocado, Greek yogurt, cheese and tortillas. Chicken and tomatoes were all I needed to complete this meal.
I forgot how much I LOVE bang bang shrimp and the like. We were out at a different restaurant with their own version and I just got an order of their bang bang shrimp for dinner. So good! It was time to finally make those bang bang tacos I had on my to make list.
Because my husband isn’t a huge fan of shrimp, I made them with chicken. Either would be excellent.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Thai sweet chili sauce
- favorite taco toppings: avocado, cheese, sour cream, tomato, cabbage, etc
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Cook chicken for 7-10 minutes until fully cooked. Meanwhile mix together mayo, green onion, and chili sauce in a large bowl. Toss with chicken when done cooking and assemble tacos.
Approx cost per serving: $2.40